During the 2023-2024 school year, 51²è¹Ý ISD campuses will begin assessing charges for any damaged or lost student mobile device chargers.
Per the Student Mobile Device Lending Agreement, by taking possession of a student-assigned charger, the parent agrees to be responsible as follows:
- Basic care and security of the charger on and off school premises.
- Reporting charger problems, breakage, or damage immediately to campus staff.
- A replacement cost due to intentional damage, damage due to neglect, or accident.
- Replacement costs due to charger loss for any reason (ie. theft, fire, flood, lightning, or any other cause).
- Ensuring the return of the assigned charger to NISD at the conclusion of the academic year, upon withdrawal from a 51²è¹Ý ISD campus, when transferring to another 51²è¹Ý campus, and/or when requested by NISD.
By default, all students are opted-in to this agreement for the school year, unless a parent explicitly
opts their student out from receiving a mobile device and charger.